It has been long suggested that the ≡SiOH defect is an electron or "water" trap in silicon dioxide based on some indirect evidences. In this work, quantum calculation on the capturing properties of non-bridging oxygen hole center with unpaired electron ≡SiO· and hydrogen defect ≡SiOH in silicon oxide are performed with the ab initio density-functional method. It was found that the ≡SiO· defect is an electron trap and this defect should be the responsible candidate for better hardness against radiation for the metal-oxide-semiconductor gate oxide produced by wet oxidation. We found that the ≡SiOH defect could not be an electron trap according to the present calculation results.
Предметные области Scopus
- Электроника, оптика и магнитные материалы
- Атомная и молекулярная физика и оптика
- Безопасность, риски, качество и надежность
- Физика конденсатов
- Поверхности, слои и пленки
- Электротехника и электроника